Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sick Twisted Dude


Stephen Lynch. Yep. For those of you who know him already, you are thinking, "Oh no. This man is just plain sick." Yes. He is. But funny, and that is why he is on the blog.
His style is musical. He sings and plays guitar. But unlike most singing comedians, he actually has a really good voice. Check out this song called Vanilla. It's about a hot topic: a topic of race. See the problem is that he is white, and she is...also white. While this song is funny, the main point of this one is to point out that can indeed sing. This song isn't to bad as far as most of lyrics go. In fact, it's downright appropriate.
Most of his songs are less kid-friendly. This is his most widely-recognized song, If I Were Gay. See what I mean? It gets worse. We'll cover that later. Just enjoy the song. This is a purer version of the song than many you will find. He has almost no interaction with the audience on this one, so that is undiluted Stephen Lynch for you. He likes to cross lines, make fun of people who don't deserve it, and use misdirection in the beginning of many songs. Here's Caught Me. What does the title and first verse sound like? Yeah, I know. But then what happens? Again, I am aware. After you listen to that one, drop off some of your favorite lines. Mine is, "The tissues stand up by themselves."
Probably one of his worst songs, as far as political correctness goes, is Special Olympics. He makes fun of retarded people. (Read that in a Jim Gaffigan voice for maximum humor). This version is not the CD one. He sings with a speech impediment, and says "My shoes hurt." At least he knows he's going to hell. Not like the rest of us who have false hope.
For those of you who enjoyed any or all of the above clips, be sure to peruse the rest of youtube's collection of Lynch. I recommended Kitten, For the Ladies, and Lets Make Love. Let me know what you think of them. And if you laugh at his last name, it's okay. I won't judge you. Between you and me, I did too. Peace out y'all.

1 comment:

fake4444 said...

Stephen Lynch is amazing and definately my favorite comedian