Saturday, November 17, 2007

We Need Girlfriends

I've had this link on my list since I started writing, but I've never actually mentioned it. It's a series called We Need Girlfriends about 3 recent college graduates who've just been dumped as they begin life in the Big Apple. The series is about their trials as single men, and their desperate search for new girlfriends. It's a good 45 minutes of YouTube watching to see the whole miniseries, so I'll just post the first one in the entry, and give you the links to the rest.



There are 10 more... But they go pretty fast if you liked that one... and they get better if you didn't...

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

To be honest it might be a little bit longer than 45 minutes now that I look at it, but perhaps you've already found that out by now.

Anyways, the reason I mention it now is that I just found out from their site that the show has been bought by CBS. I'm not entirely certain, but this has to be one of the first online "YouTube series," as it's being called, to get picked up by national TV. To me, this is just another sign that even major broadcasting corporations are realizing the entertainment potential to be found in online material. I think it's a big step, and I can't wait to see WNG become a popular T.V. show.

The internet's takin over man...

No comments: