Saturday, October 20, 2007

MySpace is for stalkers, Facebook is for friends...

For those of you who (like me) say that Facebook is somehow different from MySpace in that stalkers only use MySpace and not Facebook, I have another video from College Humor (the makers of "If Business Meetings Were Like Internet Comments"):



This video doesn't have much to do with anything like the last one I found did, but it is a bit funnier in my opinion. I think I can pick 3 favorite lines:

"John set fire to your cat (6:31 pm)" flies past the screen about 1 minute in.

"Casper just sent me 3,000 toilet paper rolls?" says a confused Ashley about those (stupid) gifts that you can send people on Facebook.

"Your just a person, Facebook is a website," says Ashley when Casper tries to convince her of who he is.

I love her implication that a website is not only more trustworthy, but more important than a human being. It really hits the point home that people get way to into Facebook; I know several people who's favorite saying is, "it's not official until it's on Facebook." I don't mean to put down Facebook too much, it's a great site to keep up with when your bored. It's also a good way to keep in touch with distant friends, but College Humor does a good job of showing how far it's gone lately.

And now, we finally have an explanation for the line "Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns" that I keep seeing on Facebook.

No comments: