Saturday, October 27, 2007

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story


So I decided to go see a showing of 30 Days of Night last night since I wanted a change in the mood of the movies I saw. And even before the movie began, I saw what I thought would be the next great comedy. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story has the set up to be a huge hit, since it is written by Judd Apatow, who’s been associated with hits such as Superbad and Knocked Up, and Jake Kasdan. It has a huge cast of decently well known actors such as Jack Black (Nacho Libre, King Kong), Justin Long (Waiting, Accepted), and John C. Reilly (Talladega Nights).

Walk Hard is about Dewey Cox (played by Reilly) and the roller coaster ride that was his musical career. During his career, Dewey sleeps with 411 women, marries three times, has 22 children and 14 step kids, and stars in his own television show. While going through his, he builds an enormous amount of very influential friends from Paul McCartney (Jack Black) and the Beatles to George Harrison (Justin Long). Despite getting hooked on every drug known to man, he eventually finds a way to kick his addiction and becomes a national icon with his songs that influence the entire nation. Maybe he’ll find a way to settle down and earn the love of his long time backup singer, Darlene, played by Jenna Fischer (Blades of Glory).

I can’t wait for this movie to come out on December 31. Anything that Judd Apatow has touched lately has turned to gold and there isn’t any reason to believe otherwise right now. However one little thing concerns me a little, in all of Apatow’s other films he worked with essentially the same cast. It’ll be interesting to see how the new actors that he’s working with react to the script and how they’ll develop chemistry with each other.

1 comment:

Lucy in the Sky said...

I haven't seen Knocked Up but I did like Superbad so I'll probably go and see this movie. The cast sounds amazing and if there is McCartney and Harrison in this movie, I'll for sure go see it. Hopefully it will be a good movie with some great humor.