Monday, September 10, 2007

Deserts are qualified by the annual amount of rainfall, not the temperature.

A little about myself perhaps. I was born in New York, but to moved to Indianapolis when I learned to drive at the ripe old age of 2. And six months if you want to get technical. Before anyone asks, “Are you Republican? Do you believe in politics and opinions and such?” the answer is no. To both questions. The name is out of respect to the king of the pen, my man Mitch Hedberg.

My interest in comedy is purely humorous; I have no ulterior motives. I like to laugh. I would like to think that I am funny guy and that my life is extremely interesting to other people. I am also a realist, so I know that I have my moments and my life is sometimes mildly amusing to others. Usually when I fall down stairs or drop some heavy object on my toes. Realism sucks.

What I will try to cover in my part of the blog is funny everyday situations and hilarious conversations. On the occasion that my life does not produce any moments worth laughing at, I will fall back to plan A-2. It’s a lot like plan B, but sounds less like plan A failed. However, if I do not want to write about how other people are funny, I will talk about songs with awesome lyrics. For the record, I am currently listening to Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced by the Dropkick Murpheys. This song is all about the effects of alcohol on your average man. We, as a people, like to believe that booze makes us more successful, more attractive, and better with the opposite sex. According to scientists, the opposite is true. You become more successful, attractive, and suave in proportion with what the other person drinks. Getting drunk won’t solve your problems, but if the rest of the world sees double, you will be twice as awesome.

No comments: