Thursday, September 13, 2007

How many pints are in a pound?

I love lazy people. Not just because I am one, but because they provide me with amusement. I’m merely the kind of lazy where I never go above and beyond, unless the reward is well worth the effort, if you know what I mean. I feel that if everyone had this philosophy, the world would be a more mediocre place. There would be no wars because they’re just not worth the effort. That’s enough philosophy for the week. All done, thanks.

However, there comes a point where laziness goes too far. As I walk out of the lunch court today, I finally saw the epitome of lazy. Three guys, all looking at this glass door like they have never seen one before. I’m not that big, but each of these guys could have picked me up with a pinkie. Just wait, this story is going somewhere. One of them goes over to the handicap-door-opening button-thingy. He pushes it, and they all look at the door. It doesn’t open. He pushes it again. And again. And again. I stood and watched this for about three minutes. So I finally approach one of them and say, “What’s the problem with the door?”

“Button no work.”(He wasn’t this dumb, but the picture of one of those trolls in the beginning of The Hobbit is starting to form in my mind)

“Did you try pushing it?”

“Me push one million times.”

“Really? Did you try just opening the door?”

“Door too heavy.”

Okay, the guy isn’t that stupid, but he’s real close. So I walk out the door, and these guys start after me. As we all know, doors can close on their own. This one did, and none of them made it out. I turned around, and they look at me, and then go back to trying the button. Lazy. There, see? I had a point.

What I want to know is if laziness has progressed to the point where it is actually affecting the lives of people to a serious degree. I know it sucks when the remote is out of reach so we end up watching grass grow, but that’s your own choice. Has anyone else been stuck inside because the handicap button won’t work?

1 comment:

Lindsey Deno said...

Okay so I've never been stuck inside but I will admit that every once in awhile I am too lazy to open the door and I push the button instead... But I totally agree that to a point the world has become way too lazy.